- Welcome back. (For now.) RT @CTCicada: What @GerryBrooks shaved his mustache? As long as Kevin Sullivan still has his? 1 day ago
- Orsillo and Remy during rain delay. #priceless #NESN 1 day ago
- RT @ryanhanrahan: Tomorrow looks horrific. 40s, windy, showers, and cloudy. That's a bad day for March never mind a holiday weekend. 1 day ago
- CT Chief ME Wayne Carver retiring. My, what that man has seen. #differentbreed 1 day ago
- No, but thanks for asking. #bruins RT @DRussNBC: Wow. Tremendous comeback. Can they do it? #rangers 2 days ago
Category Archives: TV Stuff
“I’d like a coffee light, please. It’s for Rex Trailer!!!” It was probably 1958, maybe ’59. Years before I realized that “TV PEOPLE!!!” were just people. On TV. I was getting a haircut at the barber shop in Pinefield Shopping Center … Continue reading
I was thinking how mentally exhausted I was when a friend who’s had two strokes and lost the sight in an eye called to ask how I was doing. I told myself to shut up. I was thinking that a … Continue reading
Phone rings. “Hello, I’m Samantha calling on behalf of NBC News. Would you be willing to answer a series of questions about the current political landscape?” “Sure.” “Great! First, how old are you?” “59.” “Thank you for your time. Goodbye.” … Continue reading
NBC nostalgia. (sigh)
This SNL skit from last Saturday isn’t all that far from the truth. I have one friend in particular who will have a beverage or two and beg me to do the “anchor turn” for him. Enjoy.
But if you want a bowl of Rice Krispies, here’s a commercial The Rolling Stones did in 1964. Didn’t see the show, but apparently Don Draper referenced the ad in Mad Men. It’s the little things…
No, not mine. Ron Burgundy’s! Will Ferrell, in character, announced on Conan tonight that Anchorman 2 is on the way. Stay classy, Connecticut!
The Today show turns 60 today. So will I, later this year. The Today show stays young because of its revolving cast of hosts, co-hosts, and sidekicks. I stay young because I’m married to a woman who thinks young, a … Continue reading
Just saw an obit for actor William Duell. He was one of those guys who’d turn up in a movie or a TV show, have a great scene or two, then disappear. He was Johnny the Shoeshine Guy in “Police … Continue reading
Just another reason Nightly is number one. Never mind. CBS apparently took it down. Dammit.